The Inverness Archive
R MacLean Year: 1933Friars Shott & Castle
Desc on reverse, " Inverness Castle is a modern building of red sandstone, erected on the banks of the river in 1834, on the site of the old fortress blown up by Prince Charlie and his Highlanders in 1746. In it are the principal county offices, including the hall wherein the County Council meetings and Courts of Justice are held. Adjoining the Castle are the prisons built in 1846-8."
Posted in 1933 to a Mrs Dawson, The Croft, Ulverston, Lancs.
Picture added on 27 July 2009 at 22:31
This picture is in the following groups